The trend of raw cooked food (also recognized as “raw veganism” or “living foods”), is sure gaining momentum as people grow to be more and more conscious of their wellbeing and prolonged existence. A “raw food recipes” diet is made up of mainly of unheated food, or food cooked to temperatures lower than 104°F to 115°F (40°C to 46°C).
The best thermometer to accurately measure the temperature of your food is a digital cooking thermometer such as efectivCHEF’s Quick Read Digital Cooking Thermometer.
“Raw foodists” believe that foods heated at temperatures over these levels are detrimental for our bodies (and in some cases possibly be harmful), in view of the fact that they have lost a fair level of their nutritional significance. Studies conducted by the National Cancer Institute found that individuals who had eaten beef rare or medium-rare had a one-third reduced risk of stomach cancer when compared to people who ate beef medium-well or well-done.
The beliefs of raw foodists are based of 4 components:
1. Natural enzymes – these are found in raw or living foods and are essential for creating proteins and repairing the body. These natural enzymes are ruined in the course of the heating process, thereby reducing the nutritional worth of the food and developing toxins. In effect, enzymes assist the conversion and storage of energy, dissolve fiber, create active hormones and avoid clotting. They assist in balancing and restoring the immune system, and have anti-inflammatory properties which cure many diseases. When food is heated excessively, many of the enzymes that help us to digest our food are destroyed. Conversely, critics argue that the digestive process damages enzymes, together with other proteins, resulting in them having a slight health benefit anyhow.
2. Vitamins – help the conversion of carbohydrates and fat into energy, normalize metabolism and assist in the production of tissue and bone. On average 80% of the vitamin nutrients (which changes depending on each vitamin) are damaged when the food is cooked.
3. Minerals – have a symbiotic association with vitamins and a deficiency in minerals can result in diseases. As above, when foods are heated higher than a certain temperature, several minerals are affected if not absolutely destroyed, making them of no use and ineffective in assisting the benefits of vitamins.
4. Phytonutrients – decrease the risk of cancer by neutralizing free radicals. As indicated, the phytonutrients created by fresh plant foods can be damaged by cooking.
According to raw food enthusiasts, some of the numerous advantages to eating raw foods consist of increased energy levels, weight loss, enhanced digestion, clear skin and in general improved wellbeing. Scores of raw foodists will say that they eat a particular percentage of raw foods in their diet, e.g.”75% raw diet” or a “90% raw diet”. A few will incorporate unprocessed dairy goods in their diet, although the majority are raw vegans. Leslie Kenton’s book “Raw Energy – Eat Your Way to Radiant Health”, suggests a diet of 75% raw food to decelerate the aging process, evade degenerative diseases, improve emotional balance and provide enhanced energy.
Raw food advocates consume fresh fruit and vegetable juices and most will add a minimal quantity of processed foods, so long as it is not cooked more than 115°F. A raw diet may contain the following, depending on if a person is a raw vegetarian or :
– nuts and seeds
– all raw vegetables (including root vegetables) and fruits
– raw spices and fresh herbs
– squashes and roots
– fish (e.g. sashimi) and meat (such as carpaccio)
– non-pasteurized dairy (e.g. raw milk)
– vinegars and foods cured in vinegar
– cold pressed oils
If you are contemplating joining the raw food way of life, an essential kitchen tool you will definitely want is an accurate, top quality instant read digital cooking thermometer such as the meat thermometer from efectivCHEF.com. Making sure your food is heated to not more than the maximum temperature is paramount for maximizing the value of raw foods. Further kitchen equipment you will need to bear in mind include a food processor and a blender. If you want to extend your passion more, you may well purchase a juicer to make fresh fruit and vegetable juice and a food dehydrator. You will discover a lot of recipes to make breads, raw crackers and cookies which require a dehydrator.
So in conclusion, if we want our bodies to more than just survive, but thrive, it makes total sense that we should follow a raw food diet. If the important and essential nutrients that our bodies must have to remain healthy are destroyed by heating, it follows that surely eating raw foods has the reverse outcome. Make sure you always have an instant read thermometer in your kitchen to advance your family’s health.
The book that changed my thinking about health and our ability to heal our bodies is the classic from Louise Hay ” You Can Heal Your Life.” This is the single greatest book on the power of our emotions and thoughts on our overall health.
The book that changed my thinking about health and our ability to heal our bodies is the classic from Louise Hay “You Can Heal Your Life.”
This is the single greatest book on the power of our emotions and thoughts on our overall health.
Louise Hay has healed herself from cancer. She explains how she does it in this very enlightening book. Louise was way ahead of her time as her first copy of this book was back in 1984. There have been countless updates as this is a perennial winner in the health and healing world.
When I first read this book I would read about the illness I had at the time such as a sore throat and see what the good book had to say. For example, when we experience a sore throat, we are “holding in angry words. Feeling unable to express the self.”
Louise recommends contemplating the root issues of a sore throat – what are you angry at or unable to express? Moreover, she advises you to repeat the affirmation ” I release all restrictions, I am free to be me.”
You will be amazed at how changing your thoughts and focusing on your pending emotional issue can arrest any illness. By going to the root emotional cause, the illness dissipates.
Just last year I woke up with a migraine headache and I was really bummed out about it since I had a very fun day planned.
My first order of business was to grab Louise Hay’s book and see what was my root issue for this migraine since I have only had a handful in my life.
The root cause of a migraine says “Dislike of being driven. Resisting the flow of life.”
I layed down in my bed and thought about these words. Yes, I was being driven in my new business at the time and not happy about it. I agreed with this.
My next step was to find out the affirmation for a migraine. ” I relax into the flow of life and let life provide all that I need easily and comfortably. Life is for me.”
I repeated these words to myself. It was not more than 45 minutes later and I was in the shower and off for the day. The migraine never came back that day, nor have I had a migraine since!
I give all kudos to this wonderful book. Now I will warn you, like me, at first you will not agree with the root causes of your illness. You will do all to resist what it says. – No way is that my root cause. – Expect this resistance from yourself. It is the ego keeping you from your reality.
Just fast forward and believe the root causes in the book and your healing will happen much faster than you expect. The more you practice what Louise Hay outlines in this book, the better your life and health will be.
This is the book that changed my life. It has brought me health and healing. It sits on my coffee table and its worn torn pages show how many times I have accessed it to let family members know their emotional status!